Probiotics: Sometimes a few pictures can help tell a story.
When broken down into its root form, Probiotic = Pro + Bios. Pro means FOR and Bios means LIFE,
so Probiotic = For Life. This is opposed to antibiotic, which means Against Life.
When we are healthy, our immune system is helped by the presence of an active army of trillions of
friendly bacteria which form a protective barrier along the lining of our intestine. It is said that
one of our first lines of defense in our immune system is in the intestine. So, in a sense, these
bacteria provide immunity benefit for us and they don’t ask for anything in return other than a safe
place to live with a good nutrient supply. And sometimes they need reinforcements. That’s when taking
a quality probiotic helps.
There are 3 ways you can introduce probiotics into your intestine.
1. Food sources – Fermented foods, including traditionally pickled foods like sauerkraut
and pickles (made without vinegar), kimchi, yogurt, and kefir. Most people will not eat enough
of these foods to make a difference in their intestine.
2. Fecal transplant – It sounds disgusting, but it does work. Fecal transplant is used
by people who have lost their entire probiotic supply in their intestine. The new “poop”
is harvested from a healthy donor and given to the patient orally in capsules or anally through
3. Probiotic supplement – The easiest and most effective way to improve the bacteria in the
intestine is using a high quality probiotic supplement. We recommend one that has multiple
strains of bacteria and is not too expensive. After exhaustive research we found that Original
Medicine’s Multi-Probiotic is the best one on the market for our needs.
Life Happens, we adjust.
Multi-Probiotic is a unique, high potency probiotic blend of 11 different strains that supports a healthy immune system,
normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the gut.
- Provides beneficial microorganisma that help to support a healthy microbial balance in the gut and health in general.
- Thrives in the toughest digestive environments and is undeterred by stomach and bile acids.
- Supports a healthy balance of microflora in the GI tract.
Come on into the office to purchase your Multi-Probiotics.